2011年5月31日 星期二

Scholes retires 斯克爾斯退休

再會了 永遠的生薑頭 曼聯近20年來最忠心的中場組織球員
Paul Scholes



Paul Scholes has decided it is time for him to hang up his boots and retire
from playing football.

Scholes決定現在就是他掛靴的時刻了。


Paul was part of the new wave of talent that came through to the first team
during the mid-90's. He scored twice on his debut in the League Cup at Port
Vale in the 1994/95 season and since then has enjoyed a long a successful
career, making an incredible 676 appearances for the Club.

Scholes身為90年代中期那批天才球員的一份子,從1995年開始到2011年替他此生唯一
效力的一家球會 - 曼聯 上陣了676場。


Paul will take on a coaching role with the Club from the start of next
season. Fans will also have the opportunity to see Paul play again at Old
Trafford in his testimonial match in August.

值得開心的是Scholes退休之後會立刻在老特拉福開始他的執教生涯,而八月份曼聯球
迷們也許有機會能在他的引退賽中再次看到Scholes身披他的紅魔18號戰袍。


Sir Alex Ferguson said: "What more can I say about Paul Scholes that I
haven't said before. We are going to miss a truly unbelievable player. Paul
has always been fully committed to this Club and I am delighted he will be
joining the coaching staff from next season. Paul has always been
inspirational to players of all ages and we know that will continue in his
new role."

弗格森說到 『也許接下來這句話是我對Scholes的總結了。我們失去了一位對如此忠誠
球隊的中場組織大師。而在未來他會是個很好的教練,因為他懂得與不同的球員相處。』


Paul Scholes said: "I am not a man of many words but I can honestly say that
playing football is all I have ever wanted to do and to have had such a long
and successful career at Manchester United has been a real honour. This was
not a decision that I have taken lightly but I feel now is the right time for
me to stop playing. To have been part of the team that helped the Club reach
that 19th title is a great privilege.


Scholes自己提到 『 也許我不多話,但今天我要很誠實地跟大家說,在曼聯效力的這18
個年頭我非常開心。我考慮退役考慮了很久,而我認為現在,在幫助球隊奪下英超19冠之
後,終止我的球員生涯是個不錯的時機。』


"I would like to thank the fans for their tremendous support throughout my
career, I would also like to thank all the coaches and players that I have
worked with over the years, but most of all I would like to thank Sir Alex for
being such a great manager, from the day I joined the club his door has always
been open and I know this team will go on to win many more trophies under his
leadership."

『非常謝謝這十幾年來球迷給我的支持,在這裡我要特別感謝一個人,從我入行到
  今天,球隊及我能拿到如此多的榮耀全都要歸因為弗格森教練。』


David Gill said: "It is very sad day for Manchester United fans around the
world. We all know that Paul was one of the players that came through the ranks
of the academy system in the 1990's and has established himself as one of the
greatest players to ever wear the United shirt. It is very important that the
club keeps its association with these great players and we are delighted that
Paul will join the coaching staff."

 曼聯球隊CEO大衛吉爾表示 『我想今天全球的曼聯迷要渡過心碎的一天了,從Scholes
 自曼聯青訓系統到最終成為一代中場大師,此刻他已比肩以往身穿紅魔戰衣的偉大傳奇。
 在未來,我們非常高興Scholes將會成為教練團的一份子。』

沒有留言:

張貼留言